Yesterday, we had the ceiling professionally textured. Boy, are we glad we had it done. It took most of the day. Probably would have taken us two!
We're really happy with how it turned out. No more popcorn ceiling in the family room! Yay! Next, we had to wait for it all to dry, so Friday we didn't do much as far as the room was concerned.
But, today, we started painting the ceiling. First, we had to seal and prime it. Then we waited for that to dry. Then, the paint came on. Sorry to say that it's looking like we'll need a second coat, so I guess I get to do that tomorrow while everyone is back to school and work.
Then, we started trimming out the room with the color. Ran out of time, as we are having our home group here tonight. Gives us a nice break!
Don't you like Brittany's contribution on the back wall? That's Bertha. She helped to keep us smiling.



Brittany always is making people smile. I miss her SO much!! I can't wait to see it all done. It is going to look SO nice!
ReplyDeleteLeah
It's lookin' good.
ReplyDeleteAunt Milly says:
ReplyDeleteWhen you have remodeled 27 houses while living in them you have empathy for anyone who undertakes a project while living in or around it.
Looking really good and a lot more fun than watching HGTV.