CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving 09





Thanksgiving was at our house this year again.  I wasn't really looking forward to it and to tell you the truth, I had a really bad attitude about it to begin with.  But, as the day grew closer, I really believe that God changed my heart and by the time Thanksgiving Day arrived, I was actually looking forward to it all.




So, we got up early to put the 18 lb. turkey in the oven, made the mashed potatoes, set the table and got the house ready for family to arrive. We even had time to relax.  Everyone else brought another part of the feast and it was deeeelicious! Yum! Yum! Yum!

Lori and her family came.  Their daughter, Stacey was home from college (in Spokane)so it was nice seeing here too.   Dan and his family and my mom all arrived around 3:00.  My brother, Raymond, was hunting somewhere in Oregon and Andy had to work.  Our grandkids celebrated the day with Vanessa's family.  So, there ended up being 12 of us around the table.




After dinner, we cleared the table, put as much as we could in the dishwasher and gathered in the living room for some fun games of Pictionary.  We had never done that before.  Usually, we just sit around and visit.  But, Lori suggested that we play a game or something.  We thought that was a great idea too!  It was a riot.  I'm sorry to say that none of us will ever be artists.  At least not if we were under the same tremendous pressure to draw something remotely lifelike as we were this evening!  :-)



Even mom got in on the action.  It was hilarious and it was good to laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and write a comment!