CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 09, 2009

Four Generations



Last Sunday, four generations of us girls headed south to Kelly's baby shower. It was a horrible drive and I almost turned back. The rain was coming down so hard, that the drainage systems on the freeways just couldn't handle all the water. There was water everywhere. When you are driving down the freeway (at 35 mph) in the center lane and you look over to the right lane and see waves splashing up against the cement barrier, you know it's pretty bad! When you get hit with water from splashing cars, but it doesn't go away for a full three seconds and you're totally blind, you know it's pretty bad! But with the calmness that could only come from God Himself, I trudged along, determined to reach our goal. I never felt like we would get hurt. I knew we'd be OK. I can't explain it. I just knew.

The shower was lovely and it was great to meet Kelly's family on her mom's side. She got so many beautiful and fun things!


Kelly made Rile' a special Hannah Montana blanket and Kelly's mom bought her the cutest knit dress to wear when the baby comes. They really went out of their way to make her feel special too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and write a comment!