Today, we drove north to take the famous "Road to Hana". This is the VERY windy and narrow road and the ONLY road that takes you down the East Coast of Maui. It is very picturesque. The road itself reminds us a lot of the old Columbia Gorge Scenic Highway. But, you would have to throw in 617 turns and 56 one-lane (and I mean, ONE lane) bridges. The road goes high and the road goes low. It takes you past waterfall after watefall, bamboo forests and coastline that is abolutely gorgeous. We left later than we should have, so we couldn't stop at all the places we would have liked to. It just gives us more reasons to come back and explore the island somemore!
It's been a full day. We're packing, getting ready for tomorrow's flights, so I will just post a very few pictures of The Road to Hana. Then, when we get back home and settled in, I'll post some more! Aloha!



Looks like you had a wonderful time! Beautiful pictures too! Brings back memories of Maui, I miss it and would love to go back again. That's great you did so much while you were there, glad you were able to enjoy your anniversary & birthday there :)
ReplyDeleteI've heard that road to Hana is one of the biggest sites to see while you are in Hawaii! I would like to go with my husband sometime soon, but I guess we'll see how the finances hold up. After all, it's definitely not a trip you can make very often! -Janie Graham
ReplyDelete