CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 04, 2009

Maui, Day 9-A Day At The Beach

Our time on the Hawaiian Islands is going by way too fast! Today, we wanted to spend the day playing in the water. Yesterday, we scoped out the beaches in the area and the one we picked to be at today was Wailea Beach, south of Kihei in Wailea. This is the la tee da area of Maui which houses the Grand Wailea, the Four Seasons, the Fairmont, among others. But 100% of the beaches on the Hawaiian Islands are public. No matter who occupies the land in front of it. So, that's good news for us!



I'm pretty chicken when it comes to water sports of any kind. But, our condo has boogie boards and we brought one along for the ride. I got up enough courage to be OK with making a fool of myself trying to ride the baby waves with it. And you know what? I had a blast! There were some good waves too (at least for me!)...This one here...a baby wave. When I was able to catch a few bigger ones, boy, they really can pound you. I've never had so much sand in my swim suit!



I DID NOT want to get out of the water, I was having so much fun. Lamar spent his time snorkeling farther out behind me. We both had a really fun time!


We ended our day with another beautiful sunset. This was taken down the road at Kam III Beach, short for Kamaole III. Not to be confused with Kam I and Kam II. :-)


Tomorrow, we go on a Snorkel Cruise to Molokini Island and Turtle Town. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and write a comment!