Lamar had a long weekend, so inbetween making two trips to bring our "new" entertainment center/wall unit home and doing yard work, we got the chance to take our grandkids to the zoo again. They were excited as usual. What we didn't realize was that the big Joan Baez concert was that evening, so we fought the enormous crowd at the start, but then we didn't have to wait in "their" line, so then we moved on with no problem. Wheew. That was a close one!
This time, we focused on Africa. We saw Giraffes, Monkeys, Hippos, Rhinos...among others of course. And, we had to see baby Sam, the Elephant too before we left. He's so cute! But, little Sam just wouldn't show his face while we were there. Mostely we saw the other end. Got lots of pictures of the other end. :-)
It's funny how kids will not only enjoy the main attractions, but will always find great excitement in the little things too...like the mistings that you get running...oh, did I say running, I meant walking, through the jungles of Africa. They thought that was too funny!



These pictures look so familiar! Right up to showing up on concert day. I have to say, the zoo is one of my all time favorite places to take the kiddos.
ReplyDeleteI too love the zoo. Looked like a lot of fun. I think it's a great place for kids to learn more about God's creation and to discover creatures they normally would never see in the wild.
ReplyDelete