CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 07, 2009

30 Years and Counting!




Tuesday, August 4th was our 30th wedding anniversary. How does 30 years go by that quickly! Since we will be doing our major celebrating the end of September by going to Hawaii(49 more days, but who's counting), we kept it pretty simple. After Lamar got off work, we went to Hillsboro's Jenkins Estate and listened to one of our favorite Portland artists, Michael Allen Harrison with his band. It was perfect outside. We ordered Applebee's Car Side to go for dinner and had a picnic while listening to great music. And like the 30 years behind us, it went way too fast.

This is one of my favorite wedding pictures. Could I have been any more covered up!? Good grief. That was the style though, in 1979. I had a very "in" dress. :-) And yes, I was roasting in it. After all, it WAS August!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I love the wedding picture. Glad 30 years went by so quickly because that means it you were having fun. Wishing you 30 more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! You were a beautiful bride...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 30 years of marriage!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and write a comment!