
Sunday afternoon, we met my side of the family at Grant Park in NE Portland. On the way there, I scrunched myself between two car seats. Rile' and Hunter thought it was great to have Nana so close by! There was no way that I could REALLY fit between the two seats in our Corolla, so I basically leaned forward the whole way from St. Helens to Portland. Actually, it was pretty comfortable, considering!
Now, getting out was a different story. I thought I was going to be stuck in the backseat, but I managed to gracefully (NOT!) twist my body in an unnatural way to get out. I should have had Brittany take a picture so you could really appreciate what I'm talking about. I'm really surprised that I landed on my feet getting out of the car.
Anyway, the numbers were small at our picnic, but we had a wonderfully great time visiting with family including cousins, Beverly and Debbie. Daughters of my dad's oldest brother, Ernie,we haven't seen them in nine years. It was good to have them there along with everyone else!

We made sure we were close to the restrooms and close to the playground. The park had a great play structure and they both played hard! Needless to say, the ride home was very quiet. :-)
Next Sunday, Lamar's brother, Mahlon and his wife, Darlene are coming up from California. Their daughter, Melissa and her husband, Todd are driving down from the WA/Canada border to meet them here. We decided to make it a family reunion/get-together too. It's going to be at our place and we're really looking forward to it!
So, I guess this is the month for family!



Glad you have been able to see and catch up with lots of family this month. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!
ReplyDeleteI'm jealous I couldn't come to the get-together! Can't wait to see pics!
ReplyDelete