This morning, Lamar found our refrigerator not running. In fact, we figure that it hasn't been running since Saturday. That probably explains the 60 degrees! When we have used it in the last couple days, it felt cold enough. What we didn't notice is that we hadn't heard the motor come on. With all the other noises in the house, especially the furnace, you just don't notice. Now, looking back, it all makes sense....that strong smell of garlic everytime we opened it up. We just blamed it on our great cooking! (We must have used more garlic than usual)...Brittany's jello not setting up (we bought an off-brand...that must be it.)...then there was that glass of milk I had last night with my dessert that wasn't quite cold enough. We were on the last cup of milk in this gallon when Lamar and Brittany ran to the store yesterday afternoon. So, to make room for the new gallon,he put it on the very top shelf on its side where we never put it. I just thought it didn't get as cold up there the way it was sitting. It NEVER dawned on us that our fridge was kaput.
At first I thought...great...another unexpected expense. Oh well. God, You'll provide again..(You will, right?). What I didn't expect was just how much He would provide!
I started to think about WHEN we bought the fridge...and wasn't it the fridge that we bought one of those cheap extended warranties? Of course, this was all before I got out of bed. No way could I sleep now! I had to know! So, off I trotted to our file cabinet and found the paperwork for the fridge. We bought it in January of '05. Uggh....that was a long time ago! Is there an extended warranty to this thing, I thought?....found it!...."where is the date? where is the date"....I don't believe it! It's good thru 01-10! Woohoo!
Next step...I called Standard TV and Appliance in Portland and told them the situation. In that awkward silence while she was jotting down all our info, I also mentioned that unfortunately, we lost all our food. She continued on with her pulling our info for our claim while I patiently waited. (Actually, I was pretty much holding my breath, waiting for what she would tell me next.) By this time, I had noticed in (very) small print on the back of the agreement that if we were out of the service area, we'd have to take the fridge to them! You've got to be kidding?! OK...I wasn't going to panic. God would take care of this "minor" detail too. By the time she got all the info she needed, she told me that I would be receiving a call from their local service provider in our area in the next day AND that our warranty also included up to $100.00 reimbursement of any food loss.
ME OF LITTLE FAITH.



Great encouragement to read your blog today. Thanks for sharing your fridge story.
ReplyDeleteMan. I never get the extended warranty. I guess this one paid for itself, eh? When God blesses, he blesses big!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome everything was covered. God is good all the time!
ReplyDelete