CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Family Room Redo Part 2

Next, we taped the walls up with plastic and started on the woodstove pad and hearth. But first, always make sure you have the correct protective gear on! Woops, I suppose glasses would be better too. (Don't worry, we ALL had them for this brick flying experience!)



Lamar got all these tools, special saw blades and bits and finally, we just decided, the best and easiest way to do it was to go to it with a sledgehammer.
And that's just what we did! Boy, was that ever satisfying!



And look what we found when we uncovered the bricks....a duck pond complete with daffodils in our family room! Unfortunately, all that wallpaper has to come off, so we've been working on that inch by inch. Melissa, I feel your pain!



4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the wallpaper. I bet that means someone else had to take it off the rest of the wall... something to be thankful for? I removed a mural, about 12x8' when we moved into our house. Getting a piece bigger than 1" long is SO exhilarating. Keep up the good work. I wish I was closer and could give you my wall-paper stripper. It really did help after it soaked in a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. When we moved in, the bricks were in place and they had a different mural up. I believe it was a forest of some kind and we took that down. But I do remember that it came right off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job with removing it, I do not enjoy wallpaper! Whoever thought gluing paper to walls was a good idea was a cruel person :) Kind of a pretty picture though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! A duck pond in your family room hidden all this time! I too can empathize with the frustrating removal of wallpaper. I wallpaper over whenever possible! Hey, Lamar, forget the glasses, where are your eyes? You guys are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and write a comment!