
We're getting ready to redo our family room. It's going to be a BIG job. Lamar has next week off, so we're going to start on it...just after we spend two nights at the beach. Priorities. That way we figure we'll be all rested for the work that'll be waiting for us when we get back, right! :-) I don't know why, but it took me forever to pick out paint colors. I put a little bit on the walls and I think I'm going to really like how it turns out. We're going with three walls in a golden color. This picture makes it look brighter than it actually is. And then, one long wall will be brick red. I've always admired red walls, but never have had the courage to do one in our home. Thank you, Brittany, for encouraging me to go for it! So, here is "the plan" for the next week and a half. We'll see how it goes.
First, we need to get everything out of the family room. That's enough to make me cringe right there. We really need to find a better system for storing all the grandkids' toys. Right now, the brick pad is their home. But, not for long!
Then, we'll start demolishing our brick woodstove pad and hearth. These are full-sized bricks and the area is 8X6. Doesn't sound like much until you have to remove them brick by brick! A very dusty and labor-intensive job. Hopefully, we'll be able to tear it out without any major problems. We also need to plug any holes in the wall from prior picture-hangings and wash down them down. Oh, did I mention that we have that dreaded popcorn ceiling all through the house?
Well, we're going to start with this family room process and remove it. That'll be another BIG job. A guy from church is going to re-texture it on Friday. That means all of the above needs to be done before Friday...which means that pieces of the next couple days and part of Wednesday on to get it all done. Then, over the weekend, we'll paint and then the next Friday the carpet gets installed.
Yikes...I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now. One step at a time, Cathy. One step at a time. We'll keep you "posted" :-)!



OOh, I love makeovers. Especially when I don't have to do the work. I bet it will be really beautiful when it is done. Take lots of pictures!
ReplyDeleteIt will look so beautiful when you are done! I hate popcorn ceilings too, good luck removing it :)
ReplyDelete