CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Run For The Cheetah

Brittany (and her friend, Amy) had to participate in a 5k public run/walk of any kind for a PE class in school. They were originally going to run/walk in the Race For The Cure (for breast cancer) or the Memory Walk (for Alzheimers), but their schedules didn't cooperate. So, they signed up for the "Run For The Cheetah". Yes, people are trying to save the Cheetahs, folks.

This morning, they took off at 7:00 for the Portland Zoo. When they got there, they quickly realized just how SERIOUS the other participants were. I guess there was lots of spandex, sleek fitting sunglasses and serious running shirts that had the coveted Ipod/phone pocket in the back. And, imagine this...they ALL ran! In Brittany's words, "These people were freakin RUNNING FOR THE CHEETAH!" I don't know exactly what she was expecting, but hey, it's Portland! What DID they expect?! The course was the narrow and windy road going from the zoo to the Rose Garden. They also soon discovered that it was very hilly, making for more of a workout for them.

It was a good experience. They didn't get any pictures during the race because Brittany didn't have one of those serious shirts with the special little Ipod/phone pocket in the back. But, she was more than willing to pose for you all with her free shirt that she got for participating in the walk/run...I mean run...seriously.

1 comment:

  1. I can rest easier tonight. Now that I know the Cheetahs are safe.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and write a comment!