CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 06, 2008

One Tough Mouse


The other day, we were picking apples and checking things out in our Secret Garden, when all of a sudden, our cat, Meeko charged up the apple tree. Now, this isn't unusual. But this time, instead of charging up and flying back down with his tail fluffed up and his body bouncing around with little jerking motions, he stayed put. We could definitely tell he was up to something. It wasn't long before we spotted a little mouse out on one of the highest branches. This was the same mouse that we saw earlier that both our cats had cornered, but managed to get away. Usually, we look the other way when our cats are hunting, but this mouse had worked way too hard to stay alive. So, while Lamar distracted the cat, the mouse jumped out of the tree (no animals were injured in this scene) and I guided the mouse to safer grounds. We believe the mouse made it. But, just in case he didn't, we'd rather not know.
If you'd like to see the pictures bigger, just click on the collage. I wish that I could have captured the mouse better than I did, but he was hiding, you know.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute story and nice thing to do for a mouse :) I would have done the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was just so darned cute...looked like a cartoon mouse. What could I do?!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and write a comment!