CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Weekend Away

Lamar had a three-day weekend. We weren't planning anything because we were going to get the grandkids overnight. But, plans changed, so we made arrangements to visit our friends, Andy and Candace Beebe in Lonerock (eastern Oregon-1/2 hour from Condon). What a beautiful weekend. I never tire of the beauty of the Columbia River Gorge...





Once we turn at Biggs and head into the hills, the beauty continues, in a different way, but it's just as beautiful. I love seeing the old homesteads, long abandoned, along the way and often wonder what stories they could tell.









On the road to Lonerock, giant windmills are changing the landscape. Although I hate to see them out there, they are pretty amazing.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend! I love all your photos! The horses and windmills (both old & new) are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making me long to pay a visit to eastern Oregon again. My aunt and uncle live in the Pendleton area and your pictures bring back fond memeories of past visits. Even though it's barren, it's beaurtiful!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and write a comment!