CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Golden Day



Before Lamar and I left for the weekend, we did some watering of the flowers. When I was done, I decided to go down to our property border. It is a bank that goes down about fifty feet. On the other side (in a few short weeks) there will once again be a wonderful pond full of geese, ducks, heron and millions of frogs. I love the winters here just for the pond alone!
Anyway, in Annie's (our Golden Retriever) days of youth, she loved chasing the birds in the pond, so we buried her at the edge of the bank overlooking the pond. Yes, I know. Anyway...back to the reason for this post...there on her grave is a small sunflower that has popped up. I thought it was a cool thing because we didn't plant it and out of all our two acres, it was on her grave. Golden flower...golden retriever? Yes, I know, but I couldn't help it. I felt like it was another little gift just for us.

1 comment:

  1. How cool is that! It's the little gifts I treasure too :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and write a comment!