Brittany and I have been wanting to do this for quite awhile. But first, I had to find a shower curtain that really caught my eye and that I could live with for awhile. Then came the agony of trying to find just the right color of paint(s) for the walls. Even after purchasing them, once they got on the wall, it wasn't right. But the wonderful girl at Home Depot spent over an hour with me getting it just right. She was great and actually thanked me for giving her something worthwhile to do! That's my kind of sales girl! We started taping off last week. Then came all the trimming. That takes up most of the time right there!. Brittany painted the first coat of the ceiling for me, but alas, it needed another coat. After that, we had to put things on hold for a couple of days because we had Hunter and he had a bad cold. I didn't want to give him fumes to sniff too on top of that. After several purchases from different stores for the accessories, etc. I think we're almost there. Still need to get a garbage can and we're going to put hardware on the cabinets too. And wouldn't you know, Fred Meyer has them on sale this week! Perfect! I also need to touch up where the paint came off with the tape. (I hate that). But, we are so pleased with how it came together. I couldn't get a true color when I took these pictures. The one wall is a medium-deep blue and all the other walls are a tan color. Looks more gold in the picture, but it's not. Plus, it was hard getting a decent picture of anything when the bathroom is so small. You'll just have to come by and see for yourself!
So, until we can get a new cabinet, countertop, sink and faucet, and tub-surround, this will do just fine!



Looks great! It's so fun to re-do a room!
ReplyDeleteI just love, love projects like this -- especially when I don't have to do any work.
ReplyDeleteIt looks really nice. That blue you are describing is very "in" right now and oh, so pretty.
Wow, that is beautiful! I just saw your post today (I'm in California). Makes me want to add more color to our master bath I just painted :) I know what you mean about replacing cabinets and such...in time :)Where did you get your shower curtain?
ReplyDeleteGot the shower curtain at Target. Unfortunately, in the months that I was looking, they NEVER went on sale! But I figured it was a splurge well worth the price since we see it all day long, every day!
ReplyDeleteGoodness! Look what all I've missed while tending iris instead of checking blogs! Bathroom turned out nice. Jessi's after us to redo the upstairs bathroom before they come home next time, but since they'll be here the 3rd week in July, it probably won't happen by then.
ReplyDelete