We were blessed as we drove the pass over Mt. Hood. The roads were clear but I
must say I was a little disappointed that there wasn't more snow
along the highway. This was actually taken inbetween Bend and La Pine.
When we woke up, it had snowed a little bit, so we were blessed with a pretty drive.
Lamar and I met up with Dean in Bend to unload their boxes and
then drove to La Pine to have lunch. We ate at a local Mexican
Restaurant that was really yummy. Dean showed us around La Pine
a bit, and then we drove back to Redmond. We were blessed
with a great visit! We're going to miss having Lorraine and Dean
around!
But, on the way, we decided to look around Sunriver. One of the
gates was open, so we drove in and drooled over the beautiful
homes and grounds. "I could live here"...."I could live here"....
"I could live here"....was about all that would come out of my mouth.
This frozen pond was inside the gated community and we were reminded
how we are blessed with God's beautiful creation around us. As we circled
around the grounds, we made our way out towards the entrance
and our hearts stopped (briefly) when we saw that the gate
was closed. Uh oh....oh, thank you God...it
automatically opens when you leave! That would have
been really embarrassing! :-)
After the rain and snow stopped, we were blessed with blue skies. Ahhhh.
We took a long walk Sunday morning at Eagle Crest before we packed
up and started for home. It felt so good.
On our way home, we hit some patches of fog. Not enough to
be a problem, so that was good!
Going over the mountain, we were blessed with a rainbow!
And at the end of our trip, we stopped by to see
our newest granddaughter, Raegan and her
mommy, Kelly. A little blessing for sure!



So fun. We love Eagle Crest. And I bet you didn't even have to go swimming 5 times in 2 days. That's the blessing of traveling with little kids. Your grandbaby is beautiful. My parents were visiting this weekend and while I can tell they love spending time with the older kids, they both enjoyed soaking up time snuggling with the baby.
ReplyDelete