CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hawaii-Day 4-Kahana, Maui!

Well, we arrived on Maui around lunchtime. We couldn't check into our condo until 3:00, so we spent the next three hours fixed on food. First, we went to Costco, right outside the airport. We will be spending nine nights in condos here on Maui, so we needed to get some things to ease the cost of feeding our faces. -) After that, we ate lunch and then continued on to the town of Kahana. Five minutes before arriving, we spent more food money at Safeway. It had to be done. I'm sure it will save us quite a bit making our own meals, although we're finding that the prices over here really aren't that much different than any restaurants at home! We've been surprised, really. We thought they'd be a lot more expensive. Yay!

Our condo here in Kahana is beautiful. We are beach front with a wrap-around lanai (balcony) since our unit is on the corner. We're already a lot more relaxed here having a condo to spread out and make ourselves at home...and I'm in heaven being able to sit out on our Lanai working on our pictures of the day! Here, I'm working...(really,it isn't work at all) on pictures before the sun sets.


After we got settled in, we went down to get our feet wet. Oh, the water is so nice and warm! Just like pool water. And while we were walking, we got a special treat and got to watch three manta rays playing just feet from the shore. I think they liked all the attention that they were creating.





I think we could get used to this every night!

2 comments:

  1. If you didn't have grandkids at home, I don't think you would ever leave. It looks so serene and ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you could come and stay with us anytime you like!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and write a comment!