CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Before and After....SO FAR!

Well, I found some "before" pictures of the family room. They weren't the ones I wanted, but they will do. You get the idea. You'll probably need to click on the collage to really see it.


We aren't done decorating yet either. Let me tell you what we're thinking. In the top picture, we're going to get a large black mirror for above the couch on the red wall. The idea is to bounce the light that comes from the only window in the room (the patio door). I also need to figure out what to put on the back wall and what to do with all the grandkids' toys in the back left corner next to the computer desk. I think I'd like to get a little wood table and chair set and some kind of storage for the toys. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

In the center-before picture, the small green cabinet is in the process of being painted. I also would like to do something different for the top of the entertainment center. What is on top there in the before picture is not what we had there before. There were some dried flowers in a basket, some books and I believe a wooden crate with pinecones inside. Also had a quilt draped over the side. Very country and dated. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

In the bottom picture, I need to fill the bottom shelf of the small bookcase. I also have some framed pictures to put on top of the shelf. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

So, there you have it so far. We're really happy with how it's coming together and have enjoyed the warm colors. Thanks for coming along in our remodeling journey!
Any comments would be greatly appreciated! :-)

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I am sitting here with my mom and we have some ideas. The room looks great. We love the colors. Here is what we noticed: the position of the desk in the "before" pics is actually much better. Having the desk be the first thing you see when you walk in the room looks cluttery, even when it is neat and picked up (that technique is from the book, The House That Cleans Itself). You could then do a big black mirror centered on the wall with large black and white photos of your beautiful grandkids on either side. Lower the picture above the newly painted shelf so that it is even with the top of the tv armior. We also think you should move the little clock. If I was trying to hide toys, I would get some woven baskets for the bottom shelf and store toys there. I like the idea of a small table and chairs for the kids. Another good storage idea for that wall would be a storage bench or ottoman. It would give more seating if you needed to pull it out into the room and it would store more toys. About the armior, it looks like you are really drawn to a more classic look, rather than country. I don't think the top of the armior needs anything (gasp). Leave it clean and uncluttered.

    Was this more opinions that you wanted? Design with Christine (link from my blog) has some great ideas. You could check her site or even send her your pictures for her free advice. She is an amazing interior designer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your input! I love getting ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I agree with Alysun in regards to moving the desk to "not the first thing you see", since the room is so beautiful. I liked the mirror and picture idea.... especially since you take so many wonderful pictures.
    Though, I think it looks really good right now, especially looking at the before pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too agree with Alysun about the desk and photo wall. You do take such great pictures and have a perfect place to display them now. About the Armoir (Lamar, as we call ours!) I have problems with harsh lines, so I would probably soften them with a trailing plant, in my case fake because of the wood heat.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and write a comment!