CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Never Too Late!

I'm so happy! We have lived in this house for 21 years and everytime we need to go up in the attic in the garage, we've always just stuck an old orchard ladder up against the wall and Lamar (or Andy) would climb up there and get whatever we needed. Of course, the ladder was never tall enough, so you could only climb up so far and then you'd have to hoist yourself up the rest of the way. (This is a great upper-body exercise for those of you who want to try it sometime!)....me, I stay on the ground, thank you.



Well, last week, we went to Home Depot and bought attic stairs! Yay! Yesterday, our friend, Mark Ebert, came over to start the project. He did most of the work, while Andy helped up top and Lamar helped down below. Yesterday afternoon, we went back to Home Depot to buy some trim and other things that we need to finish it up. I look forward to getting up there myself and throwing away most of what's up there!...Maybe we'll even find Andy's official Jordan jersey that he's been looking for forever! This is what it looks like so far!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:26 PM

    Yay! I am currently a comical hoister myself with the loft in the shop. I've given ladder investments some thought but I think I'm on the 20 year plan myself, lol. Keeps the mommy muscles looking sculpted ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure love to know who commented! Don't forget to leave your name! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, that is kind of like getting to my 2nd story right now! :) Glad you have the attic stairs, though I have visions of "Christmas Vacation"! :) By the way which Hawaiian island are you going to in fall?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to Oahu for two nights and Maui for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you're getting the attic stairs. You know how dangerous all the body hoisting is? A gentleman from our church (about our age) fell while trying to get some canning jars out of the attic. He got a head injury and died! So definitly worth the investment!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and write a comment!