CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Butterfly Gifts From Heaven

The other day, I was outside walking around, and these two butterflies appeared. I thought, oh, how sweet, TWO butterflies flying around together. As I wandered around our property, they kept following me. So, I grabbed my camera and started shooting.


In the yard...

In the driveway...

On the edge of the hayfield...


At one point, they zoomed up so fast, I barely caught them...but I thought this was a cool shot anyway. Didn't do anything to this...just came out white with the two butterflies flitting around in the sky.





So, then I thought to myself, I wonder if I stand by the butterfly bush, if they will follow me there. I got my camera ready, focusing in on a particular bloom...I kid you not, the first one appeared in my frame.

I then zoomed in, because if it was going to pose for me, I was going to get up close and personal!









Then, the finale...the other one came into the frame. I never moved from my spot! I couldn't believe it! I just about cried, because I truly felt like I had been given this gift from God. It may seem silly, but I felt blessed. It was just God, me and the butterflies and I felt His presence.



GOD IS GOOD!

3 comments:

  1. That is such a cool story! I can't believe they just kept following you around like that! I would view it as a gift from God also! Thanks for sharing the pictures -- they're lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful butterfly pictures, I love the close-ups on the butterfly bush. I should stand by mine and see if that happens :) I love God's creation, He is here with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Cathy, I can so identify with your experience. When life gets harried and hurried, it is so calming to just enjoy God's beautiful creation and count your blessings! We must take time out to "smell the roses", watch the birds, butterflys, and of course the cat, and then capture the moment forever with yet another gift...digital photography! God is indeed very good!!!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and write a comment!