CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Memories

Monday, February 25th, 2008...marked the five-year anniversary of my dad's death. Not something I really want to dwell on, but a part of my life that has had a big impact on me, as well as the rest of my family. Lamar was on his last day of vacation, so we took my mom and my sister, Lori up to Willamette National Cemetery in Portland where dad is buried. Andy met us up there on his way to work. They always seem to be doing major construction or improvements up there. A reminder that yup, people keep dying.
It is always a somber time when we take mom. She gets very emotional as she still misses dad very much. We brought some flowers and brightened up the little spot of land that we know how to find by heart in the sea of grave markers.

I'd like to remember the good times that we had with dad, so I thought I'd share some of the old memories with you.<

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for your loss...it's great you have some good memories of him.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and write a comment!